Protecting 2020 Parliamentary Elections from Disinformation and Discrediting Campaigns on Social Media
Donor: East-West Management Institute
Duration: 15 April, 2020 – 15 April, 2021
Budget: 69,624 USD
- To monitor malign information operations in social media during the 2020 Parliamentary elections;
- To raise public awareness on disinformation, discrediting campaigns, and other social media trends;
- To safeguard the social media space in Georgia against hostile foreign electoral interference.
- Uncover and report about discrediting, divisive, and disinformation campaigns on Facebook during the upcoming elections through multi-layer quantitative and qualitative monitoring;
- Use ISFED’s online platforms and citizen outreach tools, including comics and chat-bot Goderdzi, to promote the monitoring findings and responsible use of social media;
- Develop video PSAs on the threat of malign information campaigns and air them on national broadcasters and social media;
- Carry out advocacy and outreach activities with Facebook to introduce more active measures for protecting the election period from malign information operations.