Project Duration: 1 May - 31 December, 2013
Project Budget: 41 540 USD
The project aims to:
• To promote civic participation in democratic reform processes;
• To promote the fairness and transparency of the Georgian electoral process;
• To encourage decentralization and the independence of local government in Georgia.
Within the project ISFED will carry out following activities:
• Elaborate recommendations in respect of constitutional, electoral and local self-government reforms;
• Participate in the work of constitutional commission, inter-faction working group and local self-government reform group;
• Conduct 12 round-table meetings in order to inform society about the ongoing reforms. Target groups of the round-table meetings will be political parties, non-governmental organizations, representatives of local self-government and election commissions, media and other interested parties;
• Provide information to the society about the ongoing reform process via talk-shows, press-conferences, interviews and statements. Information will be available also on the web-site and social media site of the organization.